Thursday, August 16, 2012

Butterfly Gratitude

Good Morning Ladies,
Thursdays ... my day off...the day I think I will get everything done. Sometimes I do...Sometimes I don't. It always turns out to be an interesting day.
I do have a card today. No challenge. This card was possible because a friend taught me a new technique. This is a technique I love. So here goes with my card Butterfly Gratitude
 The butterflies were created using the new technique. You cut your butterflies out of white card stock. You then cut your butterflies out of black card stock. You want the white card stock to be cut straight because this is your frame for the black butterflies. You pop the black butterflies into the white frame. Now here comes the technique part. You then put double sided sticky tape on the back of the butterfly panel. Now you have sticky on the top side. Add clear crystal fine glitter to your butterflies and burnish with a soft brush. Turn the panel over. Peel the backing off of the sticky paper and add a vellum panel. Take some cheap markers and color onto the vellum. Turn it over and you have beautiful colored glittered butterflies. Just how you want to create them. I layered a Martha Stewart border punched black strip to the panel. My butterfly panel was secured to layers of pink, black, and purple. I want to thank my friend for teaching me this. I also want to thank my sister because the upper floral embellishment was created using ribbon roses and floral wire twisted for the curls. These flowers and curls were purchased on our thrift store trip. I bought a whole baggie of floral stuff. I cut the flowers apart and made this little bouquet. What a pretty card this is.
 A close-up of the flowers.
This is the inside of my card.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: