Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Schnauzer Christmas Ornament

Good Morning Ladies,
The sun is shinning and it is a beautiful day out! I'm headed out in a bit to take new cards to the Co-Op shops. So stop on in later and see what I have to offer you.
Christmas is coming and when you create for Christmas you have to start well at least by now. So that is what I have been doing...making Christmas cards and such. Today I have a Schnauzer Christmas Ornament.
 To create this ornament I started with a paper mache' blank ornament. I covered it in designer series cardstock. I added red glitter to the edge of this ornament. I cut a glitter snowflake from a sizzix die for my first layer. The holly leaves and berries are stamped on bristol board and colorized with Copic markers. These were then hand cut. They were added as the next layer. I then stamped the schnauzer on bristol board and colorized him with prisma pencil and gamsol. This image is from Grey Wolf Graphics. They do a wonderful job with animal stamps.Pearls accent the top corner. This is just one side of the ornament.
 The backside was created using the same dsp for the base. Next I added a glitter snowflake cut from a spellbinders die set. A crystal sprig was added under one of the two poinsettia flowers. The poinsettias are popped up. Pearls accent the top corner on this side also.
This photo shows the glittered edge and the popped up flowers.
I should be getting more ornaments done in the near future. So check back often to see what has developed.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

2 comments: