Sunday, August 12, 2012

Vintage Bird

Good Morning Ladies,
A wonderful Sunday morning it is. The weather is cooler and that makes everyone happier. Boy have we had a hot summer. I am glad to have my windows open and fresh air coming in the house. It has been a more productive summer creatively for me. So that is my silver lining. I always seem to find one.
My card for today is a Vintage Bird card. And here it is...
 My sister gave me some old old books. She thought I could use them in my work. Of course I had to give it a go right away. So I die cut a rolled flower from one of the print pages in one of the books. Before I cut it I inked it up with some Tim Holtz distressed ink. I loved the way it turned out. This gave me the thought of my La Blanche stamps. I knew this bird stamp was perfectly vintage. I stamped it on La Blanche paper and colorized it with copic markers and Tim Holtz distressed ink. I then tore the piece and inked the edges. I popped this panel up with two stacks of pop tape. I grabbed a little lace and added it to the bottom. Along with my book print flower I created two brown pin wheel flowers. These flowers were cut and created using a Memory Box die. The leaves are silk leaves from a baggie of flowers I purchased at the local thrift store. Also a find from a recent trip with my sister running errands. My bottom layers are a brown card stock and a green Swiss dot card stock.
A close-up  of my book print flower.
Thanks Sis!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: