Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Winter Wonderland Photo Inspiration

Good Morning Ladies,
I have not posted in two days. Boy it seems like a long time. Things were a little bit busy around here. But I am back today.
Today I bring you my card for the Winter Wonderland Photo Inspiration challenge blog.... Click on the link to see the photo that inspired us all... http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/photo-inspiration.html
The photo was inspiring to me from the stand point of all the gold. It made me think of glitter and how shiny Christmas is. My quote sentiment on the card rings true for me.
Here is my card....
 This is the first photo inspiration card that I have ever created so I hope I got it right. I started with my sentiment and stamped it on Bristol board. This was then cut with a spellbinder die set. My mat that covers my card base is cut from a thick gold glitter card stock. I added olive branch die-cuts cut from a cheery lynn die from the gold glittered card stock. My flowers were created with a rolled flower spellbinder die cut from white card stock and then sprayed with gold smootch. The holly vines was cut from a cheery lynn die. To finish this card off I added sheer ribbon with a pearl slide.
A side view of my flowers.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

3 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

wow great interpretation - thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful flowers and love all the gold. Well done. Thanks fr playing at WW.

Darlene said...

WOW this is just gorgeous! Congratulations on your win!!!